Hello guys !
I know I have been MIA here! Geez, I feel disloyal to my blog but anyways! I haven’t forgotten to be sharing important and helpful information to y’all here as it is one of my top priority!
I wana just share with y’all 5 reasons why your makeup probably doesn’t even last! How annoying can that be? You take your time to put on your makeup , go on with your day , just to realize that your makeup is washing off 😱😩 tragic right? I know , I have been there too! And I’m here to help y’all out with my experience
1. WRONG PRIMER: Yeah! You saw it right ” putting on the wrong primer” might just be the reason why your makeup doesn’t stay all day. Just to educate y’all a bit; there are different types of PRIMERS. There are primers for oily, dry, normal and combination skin types. In order for you to have a flawless makeup application, you need to purchase the primer that is suitable to your skin type . If I have an oily skin, I will go for a ” mattifying primer ” which will help me lock up the oils on my face so I won’t sweat almost the whole day! If you have a dry skin, you would have to go for a dewy /liquid primer ( it’s more creamy) it would still keep your makeup in place and in the process, moisturizing your face!
Here are some primers I have used and I would highly recommend !
2. POOR BEAUTY BLENDERS OR BRUSHES: During my years of being a Makeup Artist and a beauty blogger I have realized that the tools used to blend your makeup are HIGHLY IMPORTANT and it does affect the way your makeup / skin work looks! If you aren’t blending your foundation and concealers well into your skin, it could cause a shift in your makeup , hence it can start wearing off quickly or it starts breaking 😒and no one wants that! Invest in good set of blending brushes ( I would really recommend kabuki brushes) and a good beauty blender to smoothen the foundation and concealers on your fave after blending with the brushes.
3. FAKE PRODUCTS : This isn’t new! As we all know, there are a lot of fake makeup products out there, just as there are the originals. Now, it could be really difficult to differentiate between the original from the fake , however for clarity and more enquiry, if you want to get a makeup product, I would advice you research on it online , probably check out the website , check out the packaging and other specs about the product, so you would know what you would be getting if you are purchasing it in a local store ( Just a Tip) this will save you from buying the Fake. Fakes are just the worst! They don’t only go as far as destroying your makeup , but could destroy your skin too! How bad would that be uhn ? 🤦♀️
4. No Knowledge: As much as I wanna skip this reason, I think it’s highly important I leave it here! Yeah, some don’t even know how to apply makeup on their face and it’s also true that there’s no RULE IN MAKEUP however , there are still some ” Basics” while applying makeup. After learning these basics, you can therefore go with it your own way. You can’t say you wanna apply your lipstick on your skin would you? Yeah I thought so too, you won’t ! There are several ways of applying makeup and the good thing now is there have been tutorials online, online training and classes that assists makeup enthusiasts or artists to become better version of themselves! I will urge you to participate in classes in order to get better at this artistry.
5. POOR SKIN CARE ROUTINE : Don’t blame me y’all! I had to save the number 1 reason for the last , so I can stress how important this is! If your skin isn’t okay, I’m sorry your makeup won’t come out FINE! You need to take care of your skin first so your makeup will slide on well and you would appreciate it more. I’m not a dermatologist or a skin doctor, however I do share some helpful tips as regards skin and some products I do use on my YouTube channel over here . So imagine this; you don’t take care of your skin and your skin is prone to a lot of aching ( which is visible on the face ) and you wanna apply makeup to cover it all up, you end up applying ” too much makeup” to conceal those aching , pimples and spots 😱 there by causing a lot of creasing on your face and other not so cute stuffs on that face… nah girl… you don’t want that, the best makeup you can wear is a beautiful skin ❤️
Have you checked out my YouTube channel lately? I have uploaded some interesting videos / contents that may excite you! I will leave the link HERE so go check it out and subscribe ❤️
I hope you found this really helpful! Comment below what other reason why you think makeup doesn’t last? Would love to know 🤗👇